Thursday, August 7, 2014

So long, farewell... (Friday)

Today began by going over to UTP one last time.  It was so bittersweet!  Indeed, it felt more bitter than sweet - I'm going to miss my friends and students here!

I had promised Geralis that I would do something to decorate the blank wall in her office, but I hadn't yet done it.  So of course I had to begin by doing this - with Post-Its of course and with every color I had!  Here's what it looked like when I was done (the purple in the middle is her name)


The department had a traditional meal in my honor, and Dean Nicolas "awarded" me with a green ribbon of graduation, as well as a UTP pen-cum-laser pointer (something I had coveted for a long time!) and a Fulbright pin from Karla, who was not able to attend.  I got to say good-bye to friends (left) and students (right)



And also, to my office.  I stared at this picture many times while thinking and brainstorming, so I wanted to be sure to capture it for the future.


 And then it was time for me to leave.  Sadly, I closed the door to my office one last time.


Friday evening, I finally got to meet my friend, Annette, face to face!  We had talked about it, strategized about it, and planned it a number of times, but had never actually been able to meet.  But Friday night, Itzel and Yasmine brought us together for a splendid dinner in Casco Viejo.


Annette
Itzel

Yasmine
What lovely people!  What a lovely last night in-country!  What a hard place to leave!

Ah, Panama!  I will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment