Thursday, August 7, 2014

Leavin' on a jet plane (Saturday)

The portal
Living/dining room
Kitchen/laundry


Guest room

Master bedroom

As I wandered around the apartment early on Saturday morning, the day I was destined to leave Panama, I thought again of all the wonderful experiences and opportunities I have had here in Panama.  My friends.  My students.  My visitors.  My family (both "real" and "Panamnian").  My beading.  My own version of Panama.  It will definitely be a place I will miss.  And, even more, it is the people who I will miss deeply.

Pero Perro squeezes into the luggage
 
And then, we were ready to depart.

One last time, Rogelio drove me to the airport.  


And, as always, I had too much luggage (but really, when you figure I was here for 4 months, perhaps it's excusable.)  I had to do a bit of weight shifting, but everything worked out and off into the wild blue yonder I went.  What adventures lay ahead?  What has this time brought?  How will I make sense of it in a week?  A month?  A year?  Only time will tell.

But I can tell you that Panama is an amazing place.  With incredible people.  A place you should go (if you aren't already there).  A place to which I hope to return.  

I see why some people call this Paradise.  Just don't forget your smile, your flexibility, and your warmth.  You will be rewarded beyond measure.  And Panama will be as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment