Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Last Days of The Speedy Bead, The Last Class (Wednesday)

Today was my last class with the HCI Masters students.  Although I had hoped we would get further, things rarely go the way you WANT them to go, and last class we didn't finish categorizing the observations from our ethnography with Lydia for "The Speedy Bead" simulation project.  It can be very hard to get to closure and often the structure "breaks" part-way into the process (often just when it seems like it's gelling)  That's always frustrating and it certainly was for the students, but I'm proud of how most of them rose to the challenge and got consensus and closure.

I spent the last few minutes talking with them about what they could do with the data from the Affinity Diagram and then my time as a Professor was over.

It's funny how nostalgic I feel!  Or not funny, really, but definitely poignant.

Anyway, here are my students hard at work.
At work

Giankaris

Kaiser 

The whole class engaged
(and Giankaris as the Enforcer)

Working

Moving stuff around

The final product



No comments:

Post a Comment