Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sunday's portrait: Minnesota Nice (PPPP#2)

Gerry and Grace
Today's portrait is of Gerry and Grace, the membership folks at Balboa Union Church.  Turns out they are from - you guessed it - Minnesota!  No wonder they were so incredibly nice!

I met them at church, where I immediately noticed Grace's fabulous bead bracelets!  And then, she mentioned they were from Minnesota - and, well, that totally clinched it - I knew I had to get to know her better.  And her husband.  Gerry is tall and handsome with twinkling eyes and a wonderful smile. The two of them are so Minnesota Nice - in the very best way (that term is sometimes used in a derogatory manner - not so here!)  We talked at lunch, and then they volunteered to bring me back home - quite a distance from downtown!

We stopped at a grocery store I've been told I HAVE to go to - Riba Smith - and it's as great as folks have said it is (though, truth be told, I didn't really explore because I needed to be back home to meet Karla, my Fulbright "handler" and co-teacher of the HCI course at UTP to discuss the course)  I will definitely have to return for a more leisurely explore!

Then, the funniest coincidence of all:  They lived in the adjacent building when they originally moved here a couple of years ago!  They were waiting for their furniture to arrive and needed a furnished place for a couple of months so they rented in Torre - or Tower - 200 (I'm in Torre 300) in Green Park!  Is this a small world or is it a tiny one?!

I'm looking forward to getting to know them - and a number of other fascinating BUC folks - and know their presence in my life will make it even richer!

See?  Another Sunday blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment