Thursday, August 7, 2014

"La experiencia del usuario..." (UX en Español)

WOOOOOT!  Today, I taught the faculty in Software Engineering.  About UX.  For 4 (!) hours.  ALL IN SPANISH!

I'm flying high!

I put quite a lot of effort into illustrating each step of the process and each of the tools using the Speedy Bead "project".  For instance, I used sticky notes on the wall of my apartment to show how I create a persona, and also photographed the class' first steps in data analysis with the large Affinity Diagram in the hallway.  It seemed to help them really understand what I was talking about.  Since they had already observed how we did Affinity Diagramming and had spontaneously identified ways it might be useful to them for other types of tasks as well, these examples really helped solidify their understanding.

The Speedy Bead Affinity Diagram of Observations from
Ethnographic Interview/Contextual Inquiry
The best thing, of course, was that it was IN SPANISH!  And that Elba and others commented on how much better it was!  Elba even said she was impressed and I rarely had the experience of the class having to confer amongst itself to sort out a meaning.  This was a HUGE win for me!

Elba came over for dinner afterwards and we celebrated!  It's probably my last time seeing her for rather a while, so it was also emotional.  But she's such a superstar - I am sure our paths will continue to be intertwined!

No comments:

Post a Comment