Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Becoming

Those of you who know me well know that I am not an academic - and I was, frankly, concerned that I would be totally out of place at UTP because of that fact.  But, so far at least, I'm wrong.

Today, the wonderful Dean Nicolas brought by a tray of brownies, with strict instructions not to share them.  Well, of course, I shared - how could I not?  That would not be me nor would it be Panamanian!  Although he didn't make them - he is rumored to make absolutely amazing brownies - they were quite tasty.  I brought home those that didn't get consumed by friends and neighbors, and wrapped them in cellophane before popping them into a zip lock bag and straight into the freezer.  They will be a lovely every-so-often treat!

We're planning a party, Elba and me!  It's going to be on 12 April in the Party Room at the apartment (note to self:  Reserve this!)  Although it is not very "Panamanian", we're going to ask people to bring a typical Panamanian treat to share.  I'm quite excited!  I hope we can announce it tomorrow at my first-ever Faculty meeting!

Yes, tomorrow will be my first ever Faculty Meeting.  For those of you who are academics, this might seem like a non-event.  Why get excited about such a banal and ordinary fact of academic life?  But, obviously, I'm not an academic.  So this promises to be wonderful fun.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment