Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Planning (Tuesday)

Today, I met with my class on a Tuesday - a day usually reserved for Karla's lectures in the evening.  However, this week, Karla was (supposed to be) in Austin, Texas on vacation.

Except that early Saturday morning, luckily before she set out for the airport, she realized her passport had expired.  Oops!  So instead of being away, she was here.  We went to lunch, and planned a number of things including how we can organize the Panama UXPA chapter, how to get more work from Panama published, and how we can continue to work together after I leave.  It was lovely.

And then, we met with the students.  I was trying to teach in Spanish - which lasted about an hour and then my brain gave out.  Luckily, Karla was there.  She helped to explain more about what we'll be doing tomorrow when the students meet with the Dean (Nicolas) who is the stakeholder for the web page redesign work we're doing as our class project.  We practiced open-ended questioning again, and covered NDAs and other things we need to have prepared for the interview.

The students will be coming to my office tomorrow morning for a last review and then, with luck, at 10 am, we'll be in our meeting.  It promises to be interesting!  And fun (I hope)

It will also be in Spanish.  So I'm heading off to bed early so I have as much Spanish "bandwidth" as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment