Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Be Prepared (Tuesday)


After yesterday's downpour, I decided to bring along my brand new multicolored umbrella today.  I absolutely love it - the colors are vibrant and it's HUGE - so really useful in the rain.  Elba borrowed it to walk to another building and said it worked just fine.

But I didn't actually get to try it in the rain because it had stopped by the time we left campus.

Which was really good (since we didn't get soaked) and also, somehow, disappointing.  Funny how that works.  I suspect that in a very short time, I'll be thrilled when it's not raining when we leave.

The rain did have its effects though as the air was fresh(er) and it was cool(er) than on sunny days.   Fascinating to watch the seasons unfold here.

And I'm glad that, even when there's not an actual rainbow, I will be carrying my own with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment