Monday, April 21, 2014

Lunes

Hoy, decido de hablar solamente en español por que tengo que aprenderlo.
(Today, I decided to speak only in Spanish because I must learn it)

And it worked for most of the day.  Which was great for me, but painful for those listening to me speak v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y and to start in one direction, get stuck and try another route to explanations. Whew!  I'm totally exhausted!

This week is the celebration of the birthday of the department.  As a result, the day began with a mass for the retiring Dean.  This was fascinating to me.  And, as usual, I leapt right in when I saw that Giancarlis, one of our Masters students had her guitar out and a very small group was practicing songs for the service.  I was so excited that I joined in and they welcomed me although they didn't know that I'm Protestant, and that both the Spanish words and the music were completely new to me. But oh, what fun it was!  I'm so glad I arrived when I did and that they let me sing with them.








The day sped by.  Despite the enormous pile of things to do before I leave for CHI on Friday, I wasn't so productive partly because I kept trying to speak and think in Spanish.

Tonight, I am trying to make up for that so this is a short post.  Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment