Saturday, April 5, 2014

A quiet day

After yesterday's adventure, it seemed the right thing to do to stay in today.  I have all the food I need, thanks to Elba.  And I wanted to talk with some folks including my Dad.  So I took it very easy, beading, chatting with Dad, with my dear friends Melanie and Philip in Minneapolis where David is currently, and Sewellyn.

And "What's App"ing with my vice-dean and great friend, Geralis.  She pointed out that they were showing the ceremony for the opening of the new metro!  Although the whole system isn't complete yet, one part of it is, and it was this that they were celebrating.  As Geralis said, it looked like the President looked like he was "wearing a cloud of metro workers" and so he did, flanked as he was by men in yellow clothes signifying that they were workers.  The ceremony ended with fireworks that I could see from my apartment!

It's an early evening too because tomorrow will be my second Sunday at Balboa Union Church.  I'm looking forward to seeing my new-old friends again, so sweet dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment