Saturday, March 22, 2014

Saturday

Today began with some tummy bug issues which I will not describe, but which led to a long nap from which I awoke feeling much better.  Which was good.  Very, very good.

So I set off to the SuperExpress market up the hill on Tumbla Muerta (one of the main drags)  It's not far, and it was breezy, so I felt just fine walking up there.  Once I got inside, however, it became clear just how hot I was.  I sweated the whole time I was there.  Which was a while because I found the upstairs - and explored up there.  There's a really nifty escalator for carts in addition to the one for people.  Here are some photos of the way down:
Approaching the top (with my trusty shopping cart in the basket)

It enters the mechanism..

And engages with it..

to carry it down while I'm on the escalator

and as it approaches the bottom...

and voila!  We're down!
 It was fun as always to be at the supermarket, and this time, I really lingered and explored, finding many things I hadn't expected - such as an apron (to keep me from messing my clothes up).  I didn't find a Panama FIFA jersey in my size - but I'll keep looking.  That is definitely something I want to find.

I walked back home with my trusty grocery cart (THANKS, Jean Andino!) and felt very proud of myself that I had managed with exactly the right amount of stuff to fit into it, with the TP in a nylon bag I brought with me.
The results of the shopping expedition
So I put everything away, and did laundry, and now, I'm completely exhausted so good night all!  Thanks for coming with me on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment